|Name of School||:||Fawaq International School|
|Address||:||No. 23 Prince Turki Bin
Abdul Aziz, Maather District, P. O. Box 881, Riyadh 1131, KSA
Makkah road, Al-Takhassussi, Riyadh, KSA
|Contact Numbers||:||TN: (966-11) 212-0833; 483-1828|
|FN: (966-11) 441-2220; 217-6124|
|Date Established||:||April 2006|
|Start of Operations||:||June 2007|
|Permit from Host Govt.||:||244/S|
|Date of issuance||:||1/4/1427H|
|School Owner||:||Dr. Abdullah Mohamed Ali Al Nughaimshi|
No. of Enrollees
|School’s Category||:||Category IV|
|Academic Affairs Consultant||:||Dr. Jose Catapang|
Mr. Richel B. Palma
The Fawaq International School (FIS) was established in April 2006. Prior to this, in 2003, two Filipino expatriates, Dr. Jose P. Catapang and Mr. Wilfredo P. Biay, envisioned to establish a school that could provide high standard of education to Filipino children and at the same time recruit qualified teachers from the Philippine. Dr. Catapang, an educator himself and a graduate of the University of the Philippines, Diliman, established the plan of action for founding the school while Mr. Biay worked on the logistics. A series of meetings and discussions were devoted to planning from 2003 until 2004. In 2005, both founders were able to identify a Saudi national who would sponsor the establishment of the new school. Dr. Abdullah Al-Nughimshi, also an educator, became the school sponsor and worked on securing the license for the school. On 26 April 2005, FIS officially received its license (No. 244/S) from the Ministry of Education.
On its first year of operation, the school began only with 18 students and grew to 35 by the end of school year 2006 -2007. The following year, the number increased by 75 in June and by the end of school year 2008, there were 135 pupils in the pre-school, elementary and high school. During school year 2008-2009, the number of students increased to 250.
Currently, FIS is located at Bldg. 23, Prince Turki Bin Abdulaziz St. Ma’ather District, with a land area of 5, 500 square meters. It is probably the biggest Philippine school in Saudi Arabia in terms of land area. In a span of three years, the school has grown in number and for school year 2009 – 2010, the FIS looks forward to accommodate 350-400 students.
The FIS envisions every learner to be functionally educated, equipped with intellectual, social, moral, physical, and practical life skills to achieve one's goals in life and become responsive and productive citizens in a challenging world.
To achieve this, the FIS is focused on the following areas:
- To effectively provide the students with an integrated and systematic learning environment in all academic areas particularly in Science, Mathematics, English and computer; and
- To provide the students with interactive, enhanced and meaningful learning experiences.
- To continously upgrade the school's educational resources and facilities that support and enhance learning.
- To foster training and development of management and academic staff including non-teaching personnel, keeping abreast of the current trends, scientific information and technology in teaching and learning; and
To provide an effective & efficient delivery of school services to all its stakeholders
In pursuit of its Mission, the FIS upholds its commitment to:
- Highest ethical and professional work standards;
- High quality teaching and professional services;
- Being responsive and proactive to the changing needs and challenges of the institution and its stakeholders;
- Continuous improvement and innovation in school resources and its programs; and
- An effective and efficient school management system.