|Name of School||:||Shorouq Al Mamlakah International School (Al Shorouq)|
|Address||:||#9 and 11 Maashi St., Maashi District, Taif, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia|
|Telephone Number||:||(96612) 732-9494 loc. 209|
|Fax Number||:||(96612) 732-9191|
|Date Established||:||03 October 2003|
|Start of Operations||:||03 October 2003|
|Permit from Host Govt.||:||266/S|
|Date of issuance||:||May 2006|
|School Owner||:||Ms. Marites B. Puri|
|Sponsor||:||Majed Abdullah Mahdi Robian|
|No. of Enrollees||:||150 students|
|School’s Category||:||Category III|
|Acting Principal||:||Ms. Leonarda dela Rosa|
|Admission Supervisor||:||Ms. Marilou Calinao|
The Al Shorouq International School (ASIS) formerly known as the Al Rahmah International School was established on 03 October 2003. It was granted Provisional Permit, No. 004, s. 2006 by the Philippine Department of Education on 06 June 2006. The Al Shorouq International School operates program for the pre-school, elementary and secondary levels.
As a Philippine curriculum-based school, the ASIS aims to provide, in a legal and stable environment, the educational needs of around 300 Filipino students. Through the unceasing prayers and help of friends, the legalization of this school was realized. The school is now flourishing, with two (2) huge buildings for the boys section and for the girls section, licensed and competent teachers and staff, and a Parent Teacher’s Association all dedicated to the formation of positive human values and attainment of academic excellence among the children of Taif.
The ASIS is established to ensure that quality education is provided for Filipinos as well as the other nationalities residing in Taif, K.S.A. by:
- striving for excellence in all aspects of school life;
- hiring the most competent and qualified teachers;
- choosing the proper teaching methods and materials; and
- using well-maintained and fully-equipped classrooms and other school facilities.
The Al Shorouq International School aims to be recognized as one of the best international schools in the world. To help achieve this, it aims to:
- provide an environment in which all individuals succeed;
- provide a center of learning for the students, staff and local community;
- provide a safe, challenging and stimulating curriculum for the benefit of all students, which includes the knowledge, skills and attitudes that will help prepare them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences in life; and
- encourage self-discipline and self-esteem among the members of the community, and foster respect and consideration for others.