|Name of School||:||Philippine Community School (Benghazi)|
|Address||:||PCS Compound, PO Box 7740,Hawari Village, Bengazi, Libya|
|Contact Numbers||:||TN: (218-91) 357-8522|
|Mobile: (218-91) 357-8522;
|Start of Operations||:||1985|
|Permit from Host Govt.||:||M.T.D. 3/13/28|
|Date of issuance||:||07 November 1998|
|No. of Enrollees||:||19 pre-school|
|54 students (Fil.- 44, Non-Fil.- 10)|
|School’s Category||:||Category IV|
|School Administrator||:||Mrs.Teresita Trabolsi|
The Philippine Community School (PCS) in Benghazi, Libya was established in 1997. The school was the result of the combined efforts and determination of the Philippine Embassy and a handful of pioneering members of the Filipino community headed by Atty. Macam, Mr. Armando Corpuz and Mr. Roy Domacena.
The school was incorporated as a non-stock, non-profit educational corporation and duly registered as the Philippine Community School in Benghazi, Inc. with the Securities and Exchange Commission on 28 July 1998. As such, the school is governed by the Corporation Code and special laws and regulations of the Philippines.
The school was given a permit to operate by the Ministry of Education under license number 1466/48. The Philippine Department of Education granted authority to the PCS in Benghazi through Government Permit No. 0017 s. 2000 on 23 June 2000.